What can be said about Yoga that hasn’t already been said?
Especially about a way of life almost 5000 years old and practised today by tens of millions?
Probably not a lot.
So allow me to get personal. Just for a minute.
I Practice Yoga Because
* It helps my sore back (I’ve got a little osteo-arthritis in L5 S1)
* It gives me a full hour to clear my thoughts, turn my gaze inwards, focus my breath and explore the limits of my body
* It keeps my weight stable and my muscles toned
* It energizes me and increases my awareness of the present moment
* Finally, Yoga gives me hope. Hope that I’ll age with strength, flexibility and grace in this magic machine I’m currently inhabiting
Is Yoga really a magic balm for the ageing body? I don’t know for sure, but looking for the answers never felt so good!
What is a Zoomer?
A Zoomer is simply a Baby Boomer with ‘zip’ - a zest for life and a strong sense of vitality. Born between 1946 and 1964? Technically you’re a Boomer. And maybe a Zoomer.
Yoga can transform people. Yoga allows people to connect their body to their mind and then to their soul. Or not. It’s completely up to the individual. Often the physical asana practice is enough for improved well-being.
Yoga can mean something different to everyone. One aspect of teaching is to knowledgeably guide the class in their practice and assist in their understanding of Yoga.
With clear guidance and a positive class atmosphere, I believe that students will become lifelong yogis and yoginis.